Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
What you’ll do:
- Provide guidance to product, data science, engineering, and sales/growth teams on issues related to our compliance suite of products, especially with regards to the application of financial services laws and regulations—this includes participating throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Take a risk-based and business enabling approach, closely tracking our company and product strategies in order to keep commercial goals in sync with legal developments
- Review commercial agreements with customers and vendors for issues affecting our products
- Liaise closely with the commercial legal team as our product and regulatory expert
- Remain up-to-date on relevant financial services and other industry, consumer protection, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Review external communications about our products, including to customers, the market, regulators, and the press
- Provide ideas and insights into how product and growth teams can better serve customers and seek new opportunities
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial services laws and regulations, including AML/BSA law, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and data security and privacy laws
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory implications of technology products
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and communication and problem-solving skills
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.