Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Client Analysis team to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
Data Science is core to Socure’s business, and the Client Analysis team has a direct impact on driving Socure’s growth. In this unique role as Senior Data Scientist, you will leverage your experience developing algorithms and analyzing large data sets, but also work in partnership with Socure’s commercial team and prospective customers during the sales lifecycle leading Proof-of-Concept (POC) design and execution.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Scientist who thrives when they're able to communicate a data story to an audience, and who is not satisfied only working behind the scenes. Data Scientists on the Client Analysis team are compensated for their part in driving new business with a generous incentive bonus opportunity on top of competitive base salary.
What you’ll do:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data
- Provide analytic support to the data science team
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in data science; 1+ year of experience in a client facing role (professional services, consulting, etc.)
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems
- Experience and comfort with delivering presentations with clear, complete messages
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.