Pre-Sales Data Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Pre-Sales team to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
Data Science is core to Socure’s business, and the Pre-Sales team has a direct impact on driving Socure’s growth. In this unique role as Senior Data Scientist, you will leverage your experience developing algorithms and analyzing large data sets, but also work in partnership with Socure’s commercial team and prospective customers during the sales lifecycle leading Proof-of-Concept (POC) design and execution.
What You'll Do:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in data science; 1+ year of experience in a client facing role ( professional services, consulting, etc.)
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Experience and comfort with delivering presentations with clear, complete messages
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Back to top