- Chennai, India
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager based in Chennai. This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the Director of Engineering for our Chennai team, this role is integral to the successful growth of the team as well as wider company performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Play the role of a servant leader in helping the team to excel in the areas of ownership and help to continuously raise the bar on performance.
- Perform your responsibilities through delegation, empowerment and influence aimed at delivering long term outcomes for the team and business.
- Build, manage and grow one or more engineering team(s), foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
- A hands-on technical approach to management, leveraging your software engineering experience to assist product needs and build
- Work with our Product, DevOps, and Data Science functions on articulating roadmaps & ensure a high quality and timely implementation to support our mission and help eliminate identity fraud
- Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
- Facilitate career growth and success for all team members;
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of demonstrated deep technical design and programming skills (in individual capacity) designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems in one of the following tooling; Java, C++ or Scala
- 2+ years prior experience managing one or more Agile engineering team(s); contributing to a track record of building complex and technical products, ideally within a start-up or fast scaling environment
- Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
- Experience with building software with Agility and in conformity to security standards (ISO 27001)
- Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty” when required
- Experience delivering and operating complex software solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process
Back to top