Director of Strategic Alliances
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are looking for a Director, Strategic Alliances with strong sales, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate growth within our partner ecosystem. The individual should be fearless yet intentional in terms of how they will impact success at both partner organizations and Socure. The ultimate objective is to work with selected channel partners to extend Socure’s footprint and materially grow revenue. The candidate will have experience in launching and scaling channel partner Go-To-Market programs. He/she will also possess strong sales skills along with finesse when conveying complex topics enabling them to engage high and wide within partner organizations to drive results.
This critical role will require cross-functional leadership skills to work with Socure teams including Sales, Data Science, Legal, Product and Leadership. Candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. We are looking for candidates who are creative and growth minded plus someone who has an interest in helping Socure optimize its channel sales best practices as we grow.
This role will be based in San Diego or New York City, or remote in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Create and manage partner programs with current alliances, resellers and referral partners to exceed quota
- Serve as the primary evangelist to garner partner buy-in across relevant functional areas and levels to effectively promote Socure’s capabilities to the market
- Cultivate strategic alignment between Socure and the partner’s roadmap
- Establish strategic and tactical plans with partner, including the development and tracking of joint KPIs
- Develop and execute a joint marketing strategy (press, webinars, blogs, campaigns, etc.)
- Partner with marketing to prepare all necessary joint marketing materials (battle cards, sales decks, etc.)
- Work with marketing & training to train and arm the channel partner's sales, product, and marketing teams for success
- Oversee the deal registration process, including the qualification and tracking of prospects through the sales pipeline
- Integrate Socure reps into the sales process as needed to close key deals
- Pursue ongoing marketing opportunities (joint presentations, events, webinars, case studies, etc.) to drive success through the channel
- Use CRM to develop regular tracking & reporting of key performance metrics and translate these metrics into recommendations
What You'll Bring:
- Proven experience building a channel program with measurable and successful sales results
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in channel management
- Experience positioning advanced analytics/machine learning/AI capabilities preferred
- Expertise in the identity verification and/or fraud space preferred
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop/present compelling plans for new partner initiatives
- Ability to forecast channel revenue accurately with strong CRM skills and discipline
- Self-sufficient, focused leader with a propensity towards execution and driving revenue results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation and customer facing skills
- Aptitude and attitude to quickly absorb new information via Socure University training program and external sources
- A business leader who is able to influence and build relationships with people across all levels
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, fluid environment
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Master’s degree a plus
- Comfortable with 40-60% travel when required
- Location: NY or San Diego preferred; open to remote location
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
Back to top