At Socotra, we are focused on re-imagining and re-inventing technology for one of the world’s largest and most technologically neglected industries. Our team is building the first fully data-integrated software solution for insurance companies, and our vision is to become the technology platform that powers insurance businesses everywhere. We'd like you to join us in the revolution.
Solutions Engineering Manager
Socotra’s Solutions Engineers work with our clients to design, develop, and deploy core insurance software that leverages Socotra’s platform. Solutions Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
You are a talented, self-motivated manager to lead our expanding Solutions Engineering team in San Francisco. You will lead a team of Solutions Engineers while you maintain an active personal engagement in the same kind of work at the same kind of high level that you expect from your team.
You will have past experience working in a technical management role and prior experience as an architect and solutions or software engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones.
You will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them to develop professionally to the next level of excellence.
You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, you will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high-quality technical talent.
This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers backed by prominent investors.
Examples of things you’ll do:
- Become an expert on Socotra’s APIs and how to best deploy them
- Work hand-in-hand with Socotra’s Business organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Socotra clients make the most of their integration
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to - CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Socotra’s Product Engineering team
- Travel 15% of the time to spend time with customers around the world (When travel is safe)
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years experience hiring and managing a solutions engineering team for a SaaS product
- A capable engineer, with a previous background building web or mobile applications
- Experienced in software architecture patterns and able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Interested in solving open-ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment
- Fluent in English.
Awesome candidates will:
- Have experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications
- Have a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer)
- Have least 10+ years total experience, 3+ as a manager or lead
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Links to code or other work of which you’re particularly proud.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Monday and Friday Virtual Yoga Classes
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position is US-based and fully remote. Salary and equity are commensurate with experience.
Socotra is an E-Verified company. For more information, please contact our recruiting team and visit the following website: https://www.e-verify.gov/