Solutions Engineer (Sydney, AU)
Socotra’s Solutions Engineers work with our clients to design, develop, and deploy core insurance software that leverages Socotra’s platform. Solutions Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
- Become an expert on Socotra’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Work hand-in-hand with Socotra’s Business organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Socotra clients make the most of their integration.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to - CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Socotra’s Product Engineering team.
- Travel 15% of the time to spend time with customers around the world.
You should be
- A capable engineer, with previous background building web or mobile applications.
- Experienced in software architecture patterns and able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
- Fluent in English.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Has a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- At least 2 years experience.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
- Your CV, résumé, Github, or LinkedIn page.
- Links to code or other work of which you’re particularly proud.
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Fitness stipend
- This position is based in Sydney Australia and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience.
In an industry dominated by custom-built solutions, Socotra has built the first productized, cloud-based SaaS platform for insurers. We’ve seen successful customer interest and adoption from startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Our platform leverages the latest technologies to enable insurers to configure and deploy customized insurance products with minimal friction while providing essential functionality for core insurance business functions, e.g., underwriting, policy management, billing, claims, reporting.
Back to top