Senior Solutions Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Socotra’s Solutions Engineers work with our clients to design, develop, and deploy core insurance software that leverages Socotra’s platform. Solutions Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
- Become an expert on Socotra’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Work hand-in-hand with Socotra’s Business organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Socotra clients make the most of their integration.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to - CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Socotra’s Product Engineering team.
- Travel 15% of the time to spend time with customers around the world.
You should be
- A capable engineer, with previous background building web or mobile applications.
- Experienced in software architecture patterns and able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
- Fluent in English.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Has a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- At least 5 years experience.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
- Your CV, résumé, Github, or LinkedIn page.
- Links to code or other work of which you’re particularly proud.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Great location in San Francisco's SOMA district
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position is based in San Francisco or remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience.
Back to top