Insurance is a purely information-driven industry. It doesn’t build or ship anything but solely collects, organizes, stores, and analyzes information. With American and European insurance premiums equal to 9% of GDP, there is probably no other industry in the world where optimal use of information has a greater impact. Despite the magnitude and criticality of information to this industry and the world economy, insurance IT is badly broken.
Socotra is the first and only core insurance platform to offer a modern answer: The only one that is cloud-native, the only one with real transparency, the only one customers can test drive before they buy. These attributes are common to platforms in other industries, from CRM to online advertising, and Socotra brings them to one of the world’s largest and most critical industries. The impact can’t be bigger, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
Socotra’s Solutions Engineers work with our clients to design, develop, and deploy core insurance software that leverages Socotra’s platform. Solutions Engineers are experienced engineers with a strong background developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value.
- Become an expert on Socotra’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Work hand-in-hand with Socotra’s Business organization to develop proof of concept applications, present technical demonstrations, and help Socotra clients make the most of their integration.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to - CTO — to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Socotra’s Product Engineering team.
- Travel 15% of the time to spend time with customers around the world.
You should be
- A capable engineer, with previous background building web or mobile applications.
- Experienced in software architecture patterns and able to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other.
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
- Fluent in English.
The ideal candidate
- Has experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Has a background working in a similar customer-facing role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- At least 5 years experience.
- Thrives in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
- Your CV, résumé, Github, or LinkedIn page.
- Links to code or other work of which you’re particularly proud.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.
Socotra is an E-Verified company. For more information, please contact our recruiting team and visit the following website: https://www.e-verify.gov/