Senior Software Developer in Test
- Flexible / Remote
Socotra is the first productized, cloud-based core data management platform for insurers. With flexibility and agility as our primary values, we enable insurers to launch new innovative insurance products on the order of months -- not years. And at a fraction of the cost. Powered by a modern tech stack and architecture, our platform supports the full end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including policy management, underwriting, billing, claims, and reporting. We're a fast-growing mid-stage startup with customers ranging from InsurTech startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Join us in driving innovation in the InsurTech space! The impact can’t be greater, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
We're looking for someone who is:
- A talented, self-motivated Software Development Engineer in Test, to join our expanding engineering team in San Francisco. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help drive quality and lead testing strategies throughout the engineering organization.
- This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors
Examples of things you'll be doing:
- Work closely with development and product management to understand new backend and frontend product features deeply, build comprehensive test plans and drive excellent quality aligned with release schedules.
- Increase test automation coverage for existing features and ensure comprehensive test automation for new features.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience (5+ years) designing test strategies for significant product features, including both UI and API, creating and executing test cases for applications or features
- Significant experience (5+ years) building automated UI tests and frameworks with Selenium, Cypress, or similar frameworks
- Significant experience (5+ years) building automated API tests and frameworks with RestAssured or other similar frameworks
- Experience measuring test coverage with tools like Jacoco, Clover, or similar frameworks
- Experience building load/performance tests
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or other frameworks
- Excellent planning, communication, observational, and root cause analysis skills with high attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Monday and Friday virtual yoga classes
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco, Austin, or Remote!
Back to top