Senior Frontend Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
The trillion-dollar insurance industry is built primarily on decades-old technology and custom on-premise systems, which is prohibitively costly to both maintain and update. The space is ripe for innovation, and that's why insurers are racing to modernize their technology platforms.
That's where Socotra comes in.
Socotra is the first productized, cloud-based core data management platform for insurers. With flexibility and agility as our primary values, we enable insurers to launch new innovative insurance products on the order of months -- not years. And at a fraction of the cost. Powered by a modern tech stack and architecture, our platform supports the full end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including policy management, underwriting, billing, claims, and reporting. We're a fast-growing mid-stage startup with customers ranging from InsurTech startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Join us in driving innovation in the InsurTech space! The impact can’t be greater, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Frontend Engineer with full-stack experience to join our expanding engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve and scale our frontend applications to drive product innovation and success. You will join a small team (2 other engineers) and will have the ability to own large features from start to finish. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.
Examples of things you'll be working on:
- Work closely with development and product management to build new features for the Socotra web applications using modern frontend tools (Typescript, React)
- Own large features from design to implementation to deployment
- Implement high-performing and reusable UI components
- Write comprehensive unit tests to ensure maintainability and stability
- Support fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years developing production code for a customer-facing SaaS product in a full-stack or frontend role
- At least 1 year of experience developing production code using React (you should be comfortable with React 16/17 and know best practices and patterns, hooks, context api, etc)
- Experience using (or building) REST APIs
- Experience planning and owning the implementation of a large feature and putting it into production
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with design and UX principles of web interfaces
- Familiarity or experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience writing unit tests with Cypress
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.
Back to top