Insurance is a purely information-driven industry. It doesn’t build or ship anything but solely collects, organizes, stores, and analyzes information. With American and European insurance premiums equal to 9% of GDP, there is probably no other industry in the world where optimal use of information has a greater impact. Despite the magnitude and criticality of information to this industry and the world economy, insurance IT is badly broken.
Socotra is the first and only core insurance platform to offer a modern answer: The only one that is cloud-native, the only one with real transparency, the only one customers can test drive before they buy. These attributes are common to platforms in other industries, from CRM to online advertising, and Socotra brings them to one of the world’s largest and most critical industries. The impact can’t be bigger, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
As an Account Executive, you will drive to increase our value and footprint within our current customer base and develop new customers. Effective partnering with system integrator partners is critical to the role. Core to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire, and sell a cloud-based solution into the insurance industry.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An accomplished salesperson with 2+ years of successful software sales selling into insurance companies covering Property and Casualty or Life business lines
Key activities for the Enterprise Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of new business in an assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers, both technical and business-focused, within prospects, and existing clients
- Manage post-sale relationships to maximize product sales to existing customers
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, in conjunction with product experts and professional services
- Represent Socotra at conferences, trade shows, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of Socotra’s products
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of software sales experience
- 2+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Proven consultative sales solution skills
- Experience managing the sales cycle from lead to contract execution
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position includes salary, commission, and equity commensurate with experience