The 5 trillion-dollar insurance industry is built primarily on decades-old technology and custom on-premise systems, which are prohibitively costly to both maintain and update. The space is ripe for innovation, and that's why insurers are racing to modernize their technology platforms.
That's where Socotra comes in.
Socotra is the first productized, cloud-based core data management platform for insurers. With flexibility and agility as our primary values, we enable insurers to launch new innovative insurance products on the order of months -- not years. And at a fraction of the cost. Powered by a modern tech stack and architecture, our platform supports the full end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including policy management, underwriting, billing, claims, and reporting. We're a fast-growing mid-stage startup with customers ranging from InsurTech startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Join us in driving innovation in the InsurTech space! The impact can’t be greater, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve and scale our cloud infrastructure to drive developer productivity and speed of innovation, and to provide maximum agility and responsiveness to our customers. We are a cloud-native company and we pride ourselves in making use of the most modern cloud orchestration tools and technologies available. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.
- You have 3+ years of experience building, operating, and maintaining production cloud infrastructure on a major cloud platform, using infrastructure as code, e.g., Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, GCP Deployment Manager
- You are intimately familiar with containerization technologies like Docker & Kubernetes and have used these in production
- You have experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- You have experience deploying microservices in a cloud environment
- You have strong design and coding skills (ideally Go)
- You have expertise with monitoring application health and performance and alerting based on the same
- You are familiar with best practices for incident response for production outages
- You are familiar with a relational database such as MySQL or Postgres
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a multi-cloud environment AWS/GCP/Azure
- Designing/building a SOA stack
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Using NoSQL DBs like Redis/Cassandra/DynamoDB
- You have experience with service meshes
- You have a solid understanding of common data structures, algorithms and OO design
- You have worked at a startup or technology company
You'll impress us if you:
- Have built tools that were used by other developers in the organization to increase productivity
- Have open source contributions or work samples/blog posts of the things you’ve built in the past
- Have set up a kubernetes cluster on bare metal from scratch
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Monday and Friday virtual yoga classes
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco or full remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.