Socotra is the first and only core insurance platform to offer a modern answer: The only one that is cloud-native, the only one with real transparency, the only one customers can test drive before they buy. These attributes are common to platforms in other industries, from CRM to online advertising, and Socotra brings them to one of the world’s largest and most critical industries.
Our customers are at the heart of our business. You will be responsible for understanding their unique needs, driving (and project managing) the adoption of Socotra, and working across internal product teams to help build the next generation of insurance software in line with customer needs. We’re looking for a natural relationship builder/leader and technical insurance consultant. You will effectively manage both day-to-day conversations and high-level strategic discussions focused on creating value and driving revenue for our customers.
- Own the full on-boarding cycle of a new customer, from when the initial deal is signed through them going live in production.
- Proactively drive a customer’s deployment through solution architecture, insurance product configuration, strategy, and timeline.
- Engage with colleagues and product teams to prioritize client features.
- Support pre-sales opportunities through gathering, understanding, and explaining complex requirements and how they fit into the customer’s end solution.
- Explain technical concepts to business users.
- Lead technical demos with a focus on solutions.
- Lead POC’s to facilitate solution adoption.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to spend time with customers around the world (when it's safe)
You should have:
- P&C or Life Insurance or Health Insurance subject matter expertise
- Experience working with customers at a technology company (preferably at an Insurtech company)
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- Able to build a deep understanding of Socotra’s platform, configuration, and APIs and explain complex API concepts to Socotra’s largest customers
- Ability to understand complex enterprise requirements and create creative solutions
- Understanding of cloud computing and SaaS industry trends
- Understanding of insurance concepts and be able to explain insurance workflows to customers
- Proven project management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify suboptimal internal processes
- Ability to recognize repeated customer-facing issues and build scalable solutions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior executives
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- Prior experience working with large enterprise organizations
- Prior experience or training in development on insurance platforms
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
Hear more about Socotra and our Product Deployment Strategist, P&C Insurance Solutions position on Puck!
This position is remote or can be based in our San Francisco office and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.
Socotra is an E-Verified company. For more information, please contact our recruiting team and visit the following website: https://www.e-verify.gov/