Manager, Software Engineering in Test
- San Francisco, CA
In an industry dominated by custom-built solutions, Socotra has built the first productized, cloud-based Enterprise SaaS platform for insurers. We’ve seen successful customer interest and adoption from startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Our platform leverages the latest technologies to enable insurers to configure and deploy customized insurance products with minimal friction while providing essential functionality for core insurance business functions, e.g., underwriting, policy management, billing, claims, reporting.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A talented, self-motivated manager for our Software Development Engineering in Test group, to join our expanding engineering team in San Francisco. As a key member of the engineering team, you will drive quality and lead testing strategies throughout the engineering organization. This will initially be a small team (3-5 engineers) so the expectation is that you will spend a significant amount of time testing the product, and designing and building automated tests yourself, at least in the first year.
- This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.
Examples of things you'll be doing
- Grow and manage your team of SDET engineers with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation
- Work closely with development and product management to drive excellent quality aligned with release schedules
- Be a catalyst to promote ‘Quality First’ mindset throughout the cross-functional organization
- Collaborate with other teams and establish processes to continually raise the bar on quality
- Increase test automation coverage for existing features and ensure comprehensive test automation for new features.
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years experience hiring and managing a high-performing SDET team for a SaaS product
- Strong software testing background with experience in creating test cases, testing and releasing software products and features
- Significant experience (3+ years) designing test strategies for an entire product that includes UI and API, and designing test plans for applications or features
- Experience (3+ years) building automated UI tests and frameworks with Selenium, Cypress or similar frameworks
- Significant experience (3+ years) building automated API tests and frameworks with RestAssured or other similar frameworks
- Experience measuring test coverage with tools like Jacoco, Clover or similar frameworks
- Programming experience with Java or Python
- Experience building load/performance tests
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or other frameworks
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA district
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
Back to top