At Socotra, we are focused on re-imagining and re-inventing technology for one of the world’s largest and most technologically neglected industries. Our team is building the first fully data-integrated software solution for insurance companies, and our vision is to become the technology platform that powers insurance businesses everywhere. We'd like you to join us in the revolution.
As an Account Executive at Socotra, you will drive to increase our value and footprint within our current customer base and develop new customers. Effective partnering with system integrator partners is critical to the role. Core to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire, and sell a cloud-based solution into the insurance industry.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves to network and prospect, connect with decision-makers, and build an organizational map within large enterprise insurance carriers such as Chubb, Liberty, USAA, and Geico.
- Bring technical experts and other team members to close the sale when needed. You know who to work with and get the most from the team.
- Appreciates the content and decks marketing and sales ops provide, but you can be productive with limited resources and know how to weave your own story.
- Doesn’t stress about long sales cycles; instead, provide an opportunity to know the organization better.
- Values substantial ownership in a rocketship startup in addition to a competitive salary and commission plan.
- Is an accomplished salesperson with a track record of successful software sales selling into insurance companies covering Property and Casualty or Life business lines.
Key activities for the Enterprise Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of new business in an assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers, both technical and business-focused, within prospects, and existing clients
- Manage post-sale relationships to maximize product sales to existing customers
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, in conjunction with product experts and professional services
- Represent Socotra at conferences, trade shows, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of Socotra’s products
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Software sales experience in the insurance industry is preferred
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Proven consultative sales solution skills
- Experience managing the sales cycle from lead to contract execution
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Benefit
- LinkedIn Learning
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position includes salary, commission, and equity commensurate with experience.
Socotra is an E-Verified company. For more information, please contact our recruiting team and visit the following website: https://www.e-verify.gov/