Director, Strategic Accounts
- Flexible / Remote
Insurance is a purely information-driven industry. It doesn’t build or ship anything but solely collects, organizes, stores, and analyzes information. With American and European insurance premiums equal to 9% of GDP, there is probably no other industry in the world where optimal use of information has a greater impact. Despite the magnitude and criticality of information to this industry and the world economy, insurance IT is badly broken.
Socotra is the first and only core insurance platform to offer a modern answer: The only one that is cloud-native, the only one with real transparency, the only one customers can test drive before they buy. These attributes are common to platforms in other industries, from CRM to online advertising, and Socotra brings them to one of the world’s largest and most critical industries. The impact can’t be bigger, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
The Strategic Account Manager will play an essential role in driving business into existing accounts to exceed quarterly and annual new business ARR sales targets, while helping our customers achieve their goals through the use of Socotra solutions. The role involves leading new business units and/or additional teams within our existing customer base through a buying cycle. Key to the role will be the ability to sell at the C-level, leveraging technology and improving existing processes. The ideal candidate will be capable and experienced in SaaS selling, possess a strong acumen around B2B consultative/value-based sales processes, and the initiative and motivation to drive revenue growth and rapidly gain customers. Important to note this is a sales position and separate from our Customer Success function.
- Achievement of New/Upsell & Net ARR bookings attainment on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Excellent at qualifying opportunities, managing a customers buying cycle, and closing opportunities
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)Identify areas of improvement within Socotra’s solution and/or processes to meet sales quotas
- Actively engage in territory planning, relationship development and opportunity development
- Work closely with Marketing regarding the development and dissemination of marketing campaigns, lead generation and general industry brand awareness; inclusive of analysis.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience in a role related to solution and/or service-based sales with proven quota attainment within global, high-growth, CoreTech, InsureTech SaaS technology start-up companies
- Extensive track record of new or existing business sales success including presentation and negotiation skills within the industry and at the C-Level
- Proven work experience as a Strategic Account Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager or relevant role
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions that align with customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Self-starter who can thrive with a balance of autonomous work and frequent opportunity for collaboration
- Results driven, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with Salesforce.com, G-Suite and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- 401K Program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.
Back to top