Director of Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA
Insurance is a purely information-driven industry. It doesn’t build or ship anything but solely collects, organizes, stores, and analyzes information. With American and European insurance premiums equal to 9% of GDP, there is probably no other industry in the world where optimal use of information has a greater impact. Despite the magnitude and criticality of information to this industry and the world economy, insurance IT is badly broken.
Socotra is the first and only core insurance platform to offer a modern answer: The only one that is cloud-native, the only one with real transparency, the only one customers can test drive before they buy. These attributes are common to platforms in other industries, from CRM to online advertising, and Socotra brings them to one of the world’s largest and most critical industries. The impact can’t be bigger, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for managing, developing, and executing partnerships that enable Socotra’s platform and insurance ecosystem. Core to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire, and sell a cloud-based solution into the insurance industry. Socotra is live today on 3 continents and this role will support Socotra’s continued growth around the world.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Strategic / Creative / Goal-Driven / Big thinker / Awesome
Key activities for the Partnership Manager include:
- Recruit and build multi-year business plans with strategic partners in the insurance technology space
- Work hand in hand with partners to execute the plan, including building a multimillion-dollar sales pipeline, and delivery strategy
- Cultivate and manage executive relationships with global and regional Systems Integrators and ecosystem Software Vendors and Service Providers
- Partner with marketing and sales on the execution of partner events, building playbooks and collateral to enable to sell into customers effectively
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of software experience building partnerships with system integrators and technology platform companies
- Lead the development of partnership strategies to align with the product and business goals
- Experience developing partnership strategy and identify, source, and analyze new partnership opportunities
- Stellar negotiation skills and experience independently leading complex and/or first-of-a-kind negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- Strong instinct with the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and complex problems
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with partners in pursuit of these broader goals
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to the Socotra product stakeholders
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Monday & Friday Virtual Yoga Classes
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position can be based in San Francisco or remote and includes salary and equity commensurate with experience and location.
Back to top