The 5 trillion-dollar insurance industry is built primarily on decades-old technology and custom on-premise systems, which is prohibitively costly to both maintain and update. The space is ripe for innovation, and that's why insurers are racing to modernize their technology platforms.
That's where Socotra comes in.
Socotra is the first productized, cloud-based core data management platform for insurers. With flexibility and agility as our primary values, we enable insurers to launch new innovative insurance products on the order of months -- not years. And at a fraction of the cost. Powered by a modern tech stack and architecture, our platform supports the full end-to-end insurance policy lifecycle, including policy management, underwriting, billing, claims, and reporting. We're a fast-growing mid-stage startup with customers ranging from InsurTech startups to Fortune 100 insurers. Join us in driving innovation in the InsurTech space! The impact can’t be greater, and the rewards can’t be bigger.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Platform Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will help build, evolve, and scale our core technology platform to drive product innovation and success. This is your opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth startup with an expanding client list of Fortune 500 insurers and backed by prominent investors.
- 3+ years of Java development in a production environment, or good project experience.
- You are familiar with a relational database such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres.
- You have a solid understanding of common data structures and algorithms, and OO design.
Nice to Haves
- Experience designing APIs that are used directly by customers
- You have worked on a major feature for an enterprise application from scratch, as part of a team, and put it in production.
- Experience with Go
- Experience with enterprise databases
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Work experience at a startup or technology company.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Top-tier health benefits
- Fitness Stipend
- Monday and Friday Virtual Yoga Classes
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) for Dental and Vision
- Geo Blue / Supplemental International Travel Insurance for Business or Leisure Travel
This position is US-based and fully remote. Salary and equity are commensurate with experience.
Socotra is an E-Verified company. For more information, please contact our recruiting team and visit the following website: https://www.e-verify.gov/