In this position, you will play a crucial role in executing on our ongoing SaaS software development activities, driving operational excellence through a strong dev-ops culture, and delighting our clients by building world-class software.
The successful candidate will have exceptional software development skills and demonstrated experience in a leadership role within a software development team. We are looking for a proven ability to execute on software projects, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous initiatives that will be industry defining.
We have a need for a hands-on Software Development Manager who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Own, oversee, and execute the development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications.
- Mentor and coach a team of software engineers.
- Recruit, retain and develop exceptional engineering talent
- Deliver robust and scalable solutions, incorporating in new technologies as appropriate.
- Use Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
- Cultivate a positive company culture that values cross team collaboration and trust.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 3+ years of experience building and leading strong engineering teams.
- 2+ years of software development experience as a hands-on manager.
- Experience building large-scale, durable and reliable web applications in a cloud environment
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- A passion for hands-on mentorship of engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Top 5 Best Companies to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
In order to fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Qualifications
Back to top