Software Engineer in Test
Snapsheet is an insurance tech company bringing the future to claims processing. We build products to drive efficiencies using data and technology to ensure claims handling through our platform is the easiest, fastest and most accurate in the business. Our Virtual Insurance Claim Experience (VICE) CRM allows adjusters and estimators to process claims to the best of their abilities. When the insured is at their worst, Snapsheet makes sure the insurance company is at their best.
Snapsheet is looking for a skilled Software Engineer in Test to join our engineering team. We are looking for builders and doers. If you have a passion for software, put your heart into your work and love getting things done, Snapsheet is for you. Through the database, middle-tier application, all the way to the front-end, you will need to bring a special blend of skills in architecture, implementation, and communication.
The Senior Software Test Engineer ensures customer expectations are met by product behavior and performance while compared to requirements and specifications.
- Identifying process improvements, error trends, and/or root-causes based on company collected data analysis
- Completing projects as assigned based on business needs
- Understand the suite of Snapsheet software products by reviewing requirements, technical documents and existing automated and manual test cases
- Develop test strategy - scope, approach, environment management, automation frameworks/tools, etc.
- Automate front-end and backend APIs using the automation framework and following test automation best practices
- Create and maintain test automation data and environments.
- Strive to continuously improve the automation process, framework, and scripts
- Provide weekly test automation progress and quality reports
- Presenting complex data analysis and figures to cross-functional team members
- Create clear and concise bug reports with actionable steps to reproduce
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of testing and QA
- Strong background in scripting and programming languages like Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong background in dynamic programming languages (Ruby or Python preferred)
- Experience with testing frameworks/tools such as Rspec, Capybara, Selenium web driver, etc.
- Experience testing front-end and backend APIs of web applications
- Experience with DevOps and continuous integration tools
- Extensive experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks and automation scripts
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Experience in software quality assurance methodology
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
What We Offer
- Macbook Pros with dual displays
- Open Hack Days twice a month
- Flexible vacation policy
- Friday Happy Hours
- A very social company and team that includes heavy use of the ping pong and fuseball tables
Meet Some of Snapsheet's Employees
Chief Talent Officer
Sheree spends her days searching out and recruiting top talent to the Snapsheet team, putting potential candidates through rigorous review to ensure they’re perfect for the position.
Back to top