Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
We're looking for a UX Designer to join Snap Inc! In this role you will work closely with a team of designers and engineers on new product incubations and prototypes. You will help shape the user interface and craft the look-and-feel of product experiences built on cutting edge video technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Imagine new ways to use cutting edge video technology to enhance real-time online interactions
- Help develop and design new product and user experiences
- Collaborate with engineers to develop new creative tools for enhancing user experiences
- Provide constructive visual design feedback to peers
- Help junior designers develop an eye for design and hone their attention to detail
- Spark joy and bring fun with every new design and interaction
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Operate independently on ambiguous projects, prioritizing work and driving execution
- Good interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Deep experience using photo/video editing and design tools
- Ability to design conceptual models and information architecture to educate users on abstract concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate design decisions and how they tie into a visual language
- Ability to define and work within design and style guidelines
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 6+ years of design experience
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design work and demonstrating a high level of composition, layout, and conceptualizing
- Experience using Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other design tools
- Experience using Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and/or other video editing software
- Experience designing complex creative/design tools
- Experience designing real-time collaboration tools
- Experience working with both internal and external partners
- Experience working on multiple types of visual mediums
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!