Sr. Director, Global Customer Care
- Nashville, TN
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think, so we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
Reporting into the Global Vice President, Contact Centers, SmileDirectClub is seeking a Senior Director of Customer Care to lead our efforts to deliver a world class experience for our customers globally. This leader will play an integral role in the scaling and developing of a world class, high-volume and solutions-oriented team, while deploying a progressive mindset on identifying areas for improvement across our enterprise. We believe in providing exceptional service and support to our customers as they move through their transformational smile journey with us. We need a Leader that brings that same level of passion for excellence in building and deploying a strategic roadmap aligned to our business objectives whilst developing a phenomenal team of Customer Service representatives.
This role is responsible for leading the global customer care team consisting of approximately 600 team members in the US, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Malaysia and Greece. Additional expectations include leading the Contact Center Operations team consisting of approximately 60 team members in the US and Costa Rica responsible for Quality, Training, Workforce Management, and Contact Center Applications Support teams. Reporting into this role will be 2 Directors of Customer Care, a Sr. Team Captain of Customer Care, and a Director of Contact Center Operational Excellence.
This role requires a leader who can establish a results-driven and performance-based culture and, at the same time, infuse an appropriate level of process improvement and prioritization to an organization with global based customers and Team Members. In partnership with the Global Vice President of Contact Centers, this leader will be charged with providing world-class support to our customers, throughout their lifetime smile journey, so that everyone can achieve and maintain a smile they love. We are looking for a Senior Director with strengths in building effective teams, driving engagement, developing team members, and increasing self-service capabilities using technology in a high-growth environment.
The ability to think on your feet is a must. The candidate will demonstrate a strategic mind-set that can articulate multiple business objectives, at an Executive level, whilst driving for results and leveraging the Team in every interaction with our Customer. We need a leader who understands the importance of identifying, tracking, and re-evaluating success measures against an ambitious roadmap of progressive and disruptive initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have seasoned experience in building and leading high-performing teams and will bring innovative thinking on how to help Team Members meet their fullest potential. Our mission is one of transformation for our customers, and we expect the same commitment to ideation and innovation both for delivering service excellence and in developing our processes and Team Members. The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to implement methodical and effective process improvements that puts our customers top of mind as we need this Leader to 'think like our customer'. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of managing high-volume and customer-centric organizations whilst understanding the importance of motivating and developing the Customer Care team.
- Partner with the Global VP of Contact Centers to create and drive a world class customer experience through the vision, mission, and functional oversight of the Contact Center teams across geographies.
- Lead the global customer care team consisting of approximately 600 team members in the US, Costa Rica, the Philippines, Malaysia and Greece.
- Lead the Contact Center Operations team consisting of approximately 60 team members in the US and Costa Rica responsible for Quality, Training, Workforce Management and Contact Center Applications Support
- Set clear objectives to produce measurable results in customer satisfaction and contact center operational performance.
- Focus on quality process engineering and operational process transformation.
- Provide actionable metrics and insights into the performance and operational health of the teams.
- Expand the Quality Process to focus on systematic issues impacting performance and understands how to capture, interpret, and implement improvements based on the collection of business intelligence.
- Diagnose, recommend, and implement operational transformation efforts to significantly improve customer experience and operational excellence.
- Create tools and automation platforms to accelerate team development.
- Create and pursue process and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Global VP, Contact Centers to define and coordinate Smile Direct Club's customer care strategies with a strong focus on customer satisfaction/retention and team member enrichment.
- Create a work environment that continually promotes quality and team member effectiveness and encourages team member growth opportunities.
- Consistently attracts new talent to the business at all levels and retains and develops key high performers and high potential team members.
- Review and evaluate, on a continuing basis, the team's performance against annual operating and strategic goals.
- Continue enhancing the operating model and playbook of best practices around improving performance and delivering a higher degree of predictability and customer care.
- Create metrics-driven solutions to help win and retain additional customers while keeping a focus not only on efficiency metrics, but also on effectiveness metrics to expand the business.
- Proven contact center leader with extensive experience building world class customer experiences.
- Has successfully evaluated internal customer care, sales and support processes and work-flows and has clearly revamped/optimized/monetized processes.
- Proven leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading large, multi-site, global contact centers
- Quality process re-engineering, customer satisfaction, and operational process transformation expertise
- Knowledge of Contact Center Forecasting, Staffing and Scheduling processes, tools and metrics
- Familiarity with Five9, Salesforce, Verint or other contact center systems.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to manage ambiguity while planning and syncing for results.
- 7+ years' experience in customer service leadership position.
- Has driven organizations through growth and global expansion at scale and understand the criticality of operational excellence.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.
Back to top