Sr. Automation & Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Sr. Software Engineer - SRE & Automation
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that SmileDirectClub services-both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems-have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. Much of your software development will focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems and engineering processes sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Ability to create frameworks and SDK's for engineers to leverage to speed up development.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent 5-10+ years of practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C++, .Net, Python, or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience implementing and managing CI/CD tools.
- Experience implementing and managing QA Automation Tools
- Experience implementing and managing automated performance testing tools.
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Who We Are: https://vimeo.com/284966502
Back to top