Senior Software Engineer
- Nashville, TN
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is hiring a (remote) Senior Software Engineer with at least five years of demonstrated hands-on experience to help create the technology platform for an innovative B2C startup that is now a publicly traded company.
We're looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that can thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working with advanced technologies.
- Provide development, quality assurance, and operational support for SDC's website, supporting technology platforms, and system architecture.
- Analyze and define system requirements, break down complex problems into smaller units of work, and deliver functional, mature, and well-tested code
- Implement software industry best practices and mature technology solutions that focus on system performance, resiliency, and availability at enterprise scale
- Remediate production downtime issues and employ root cause analysis of system flaws to minimize impact and prevent future occurrences
- Understand and practice SOLID design principles and modern patterns of object-oriented code reusability and abstraction
- Provide thought leadership on application development, mentor junior developers, and engage in peer code reviews
- Document workflows, architecture, and code, and develop runbooks for operations belonging to your technical domain
- Participate in code deployments
It will really make us smile if you exhibit these behaviors...
- Exercise heuristic and evidence-driven process using situationally appropriate toolsets for determining root cause of system flaws
- Embrace incremental deliverability at a reasoned measure of speed and quality
- Deeply care about successful business outcomes, protecting a positive customer experience, and in building a positive work culture
- Robustly collaborate and seek to elevate and celebrate the success of your peers
- Excel at working on multiple tasks/projects, prioritizing and organizing to maximize productivity
- Work to define and refine system and process improvements based on a cultivated understanding of business workflows and existing technological infrastructure
- Have some familiarity with e-commerce, payment, finance, and/or insurance domains
- Are a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and partnering with applicable business and technical stakeholders to analyze, influence, and define technical and business requirements
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies, learn new technologies as required, and own outcomes
A highly qualified candidate will have experience with the following:
- Python 3.x
- Django Web Framework
- Redis, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Git /GitHub/GitFlow
- AWS (SNS/SQS, lamdas, RDS, secrets manager, etc.)
- Terraform (IaC)
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.
Back to top