Senior DevOps Engineer
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is hiring a DevOps Engineer to help create and maintain the technology platform for an innovative B2C startup. We're looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that are able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working with advanced technologies.
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system
- Automate and maintain the software build process
- Automate software deployment and monitoring
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity
- Self-starter with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience administering Linux systems
- Experience in 24x7 production operations
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, Rackspace)
- Container based architecture and deployments (Docker)
- Scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools (Test-Kitchen, Cucumber)
- Real experience with AWS or other cloud environments (VPC, ELB, EC2, S3, EBS, etc)
- Cloud Security working knowledge
- Experience with repositories such as GitHub, GitLab, Artifactory, DockerHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) Tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Bamboo
- Experience with open-source monitoring tools like Nagios, CheckMK, Promotheus
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Splunk, ELK, LogEntries, AlienVault
- Networking knowledge - firewalls, VPNs, proxies and load balancers
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Who We Are: https://vimeo.com/284966502
Back to top