Real Estate Development Manager - East
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think, so we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is looking for a Real Estate Development Manager to meet the growing demands of our expanding SmileShop portfolio in the Eastern Region. As the Real Estate Development Manager, you'll be a critical part of our SmileShop operations team that provides increased access to affordable orthodontic treatment. You'll be responsible for managing our Eastern Region SmileShop real estate portfolio and act as the point of contact for all things SmileShop real estate related, from initial negotiations through vendor management, buildout, leases and maintaining landlord relationships.
- Identify and analyze all target markets for potential site selection in conjunction with analytics team to coordinate efficient and educational market tours
- Create, manage and maintain the real estate pipeline in order to establish an inventory of the best locations in all target markets and ensure we've always got more great opportunities than we need to successfully meet our goals
- Continue to develop the long-term market development plan and processes associated with forecasting and tracking deals for all potential sites
- Manage the LOI and lease negotiation process from start to finish, including acting as primary negotiator during the LOI process and as liaison with outside counsel and real estate advisors throughout the lease negotiation process
- Identify all deal specific critical issues in order to anticipate and proactively work though conflicts and execute leases in a timely manner.
- Manage the relationships with all internal and external real estate partners (including brokers, consultants, outside counsel and landlords, and internal legal, construction, marketing and operations teams) throughout the lease negotiation and store build out process and be a 'fixer' of all issues who can keep projects on schedule along with the project manager
- Work with retail operations team / marketing to effectively present and communicate on all potential SmileShop locations
- Review commencement date agreements, renewals, estoppels, landlord notices and other related documents and manage all associated processes
- Help to improve and create all processes and documentation associated with site selection, lease negotiation and committee approvals
- Travel to required market areas to visually inspect and evaluate proposed sites, approximately 70-85%.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Real Estate or Finance.
- 1 year of experience working for a real estate team for a retail organization or a real estate consulting firm but not necessary
- Current knowledge of retail/real estate landscape and successful experience navigating the landlord/tenant relationship
- Exhibits professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect both inside and outside the corporation, in all dealings with fellow associates, vendors, or others with whom the corporation conducts business
- Extensive experience leading site selection, lease negotiation, and business development efforts in a retail organization.
- Understanding of architectural plans and construction materials and processes.
- Are disciplined, process, oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, have strong organization skills and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on our business' changing needs.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, outstanding communication, solid problem-solving, Excellent time management, organization, and prioritizing skills
- Comfortable using Excel and Powerpoint.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict and negotiating
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying:
See what our SmileShops are all about:
Meet Some of SmileDirectClub's Employees
Kayla has been promoted to a SmileGuide, where she welcomes customers to Nashville SmileShops and guides them through the scan process—the first step to getting a smile they’ll love.
Back to top