Payroll Tax Specialist
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The Payroll Tax Specialist is a member of a small and mighty payroll function, ensuring that employees are paid timely and correctly. We look to you to serve as a subject matter expert for payroll tax, and demonstrate expertise on how it integrates with the overall payroll process.
- Balance timesheet records and manual payroll transactions to payroll system reports, research and resolve issues prior to processing payroll
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll using UltiPro payroll system
- Reconcile payroll register and tax reports to payroll transactions for each pay cycle for preparing and distributing payroll related reports to various departments and executives
- Work with respective Team Members, internal departments, outside agencies, etc., to resolve any payroll related issues
- Review payroll and tax processes and suggest ways to streamline and improve processes
- Prepares timely and accurate filings based on jurisdictional requirements.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Must demonstrate general knowledge and application of tax regulations and tax accounting principles, concepts, standards
- Manage and monitor tax updates and filings.
- Research and reconciliation of payroll taxes from prior periods.
- Record and reconcile bi-weekly earnings and deductions to ensure smooth quarterly and annual reporting
- Generates W-2's, W-2C's and balances 941's and 940's to payroll reports
- Educates and trains, when appropriate, corporate, payroll, and field personnel in tax related issues.
- Partners with the Accounting team to resolve discrepancies with payroll accruals, tax payments, and tracking of expected refunds.
- Works with Accounting on Journal Entries and GL related entries from payroll
- Conscientiously maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience with payroll tax filings.
- UltiPro and Netsuite software experience preferred.
- Experience reconciling and preparing W-2 forms.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions.
- Ablility to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, and coworkers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate level proficiency in Excel to include pivot tables and VLook-Ups
Benefits of joining the club :
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying:
See what our SmileShops are all about:
Back to top