Manager, Accounting - CR
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
- Provide strategic financial and managerial leadership to the Costa Rica operations and global accounting shared services organizations.
- Develop team structures (people and processes) to meet requirements with the highest quality.
- Develop and expand the SDC global shared services organization, including centralizing financial processes and controls, creating implementation plans for new services, and developing talent.
- Provide solutions to the global and Costa Rica business partners on all business and accounting issues that impact operations.
- Provide strategic oversight to the internal control systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the location meets SDC internal control standard.
- Facilitate all financial, accounts payable and procurement management activities including bank account and petty cash reconciliation; accounts payable; sourcing and contracting of suppliers; review and verification of invoices; data entry into accounting systems; fund transfers, and bank; ETF and cash payments.Develop project-level financial and procurement management policies and procedures, manage roll-out and oversight compliance, reporting and periodic review.
- Monitor Expenses: Develop and Maintain Controlling tools and processes to monitor our expenses, Complete Purchasing Process, from Quoting, Buying, Maintenance, Rentals, Leases, Accruals.
- Forecast, Budgeting, and Actual Data Analysis: Prepares Financial Forecast and budgets along with analysis for decision making for a business/project/service.
- Operational Risks and Added-Value Management: Planning and Controlling of own added value levels and accounting and financial operations risks.
- Decision Making Support: Provide relevant commercial information and analysis to support strategic and business decision-making process.
- Business Planning: Draws up a business plan for the respective business function/product. Agrees on business objectives and provides benchmarks for business/function
- Problem Solving: Analyses of complex business problems and recommends corresponding solutions.
- Internal Trading Support: Support internal trading process by completing, service cost analysis, rates maintenance, seat cost calculation, rate cards maintenance, invoice generation and cash flow projections.
- Regulatory Financial Statements: Comply with regular regulatory financial statements and forms, provide a monthly execution report.
- Information Security: Comply with all pertinent information security regulations, restrictions associated to all the management stages.
- Supplier Management: Responsible for vendor qualification and vendor catalog processes
- End to end Accounting Cycle Ownership and Accountability.
- Assure compliance with local laws and requirents.
- Responsible for the implementation of all finance projects, including the adoption of new financial systems, updates to current applications, and other general ledger and accounts payable process improvement projects.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- 7 + years of experience with financial and procurement management of large, complex organizations. Proven record of excellence and business ethics.
- B.S or B.A in Accounting / Finance or Related Field is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Transfer Pricing, Internal Trading Models.
- Managing of Financial Performance, Contract Management
- Identification and Effective Control of Financial Risks.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Influence and Impact.
- People Oriented.
- Team Player.
- Continuous Improvement Advocate.
- Time Management.
- Energetic and Proactive.
- Analytical and Structure.
- English level b2+ - C1
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.
Back to top