Lead Developer - Mobile
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is seeking a Mobile Applications Team Lead to join our team to be involved in the development of mobile applications. We are looking for a strong, mobile applications expert who could apply their abilities to make a big difference in the SmileDirectClub customer experience. The job would combine the best of a small startup team within a large disruptive company with the resources required to get the job done.
- Ability to lead development and provide maintenance of iOS and Android applications and products.
- Drive and collaborate on the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Have the ability to understand and debug system issues spanning app, cloud and embedded firmware domains and an ability to make system level design tradeoffs and decisions.
- Compose long-term solutions but be mindful of current states and short term requirements.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
It will really make us smile if you have...
- 5+ years of software experience in mobile application development.
- Expert in mobile application development, specifically developing robust and maintainable Swift and Java or Kotlin code.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures, as well as process-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Hands on development experience and full understanding of mobile app development pipeline and process including development of applications that interface with hardware accessories.
- Proficient in Agile and SCRUM practices.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Code and process examples of past work.
- Solid understanding on good UI/UE practices on mobile platforms.
- Cross mobile platform development experience, including platforming on mobile operating systems and across OS's as well.
- Experience with web interfaces, API integrations and working with UIWebViews / WKWebView
- Previous experience with several iOS SDKs such as UIKit , Core Animation, AVFoundation
, Core Graphics.
- Experience using non-Apple libraries, e.g. AFNetworking , AlamoFire
, or other open source libraries.
- Solid Understanding of threading in iOS applications.
- Understanding of IOT trends, connectivity and products.
, Python and/or C/C++.
- Hands on development experience with cross platform display and performance optimization.
- Experience with Apple's MFI program.
- Comfortable using Git source control.
Benefits of joining the club :
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying:
See what our SmileShops are all about:
Meet Some of SmileDirectClub's Employees
Kayla has been promoted to a SmileGuide, where she welcomes customers to Nashville SmileShops and guides them through the scan process—the first step to getting a smile they’ll love.
Back to top