Intellectual Property Counsel
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The Intellectual Property Counsel is a key role for our organization that reports directly to our General Counsel to support all aspects of our business.
- Addressing and/or managing all of the IP needs of the business including
- Drafting, negotiating, interpreting and advising clients on IP related agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements and license agreements
- IP provisions in commercial agreements, such as manufacturing agreements, and supply agreements
- Will be drafting freedom-to-operate and/or invalidity opinions.
- Evaluating inventions to determine patentability
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the USPTO and foreign counterparts
- Advising and counseling internal clients on various IP matters involving copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.
- Working with outside counsel.
- Counseling internal clients on the above on a global basis, with input from local counsel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- J.D. and licensed to practice before a state bar
- Licensed to practice before the USPTO
- 4+ years experience as an IP attorney
- Experience in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail for accurate and thorough document generation, proofreading and editing
- Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel for document generation, including formatting, tables and figures
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
Benefits of joining the club :
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying:
See what our SmileShops are all about:
Meet Some of SmileDirectClub's Employees
Kayla has been promoted to a SmileGuide, where she welcomes customers to Nashville SmileShops and guides them through the scan process—the first step to getting a smile they’ll love.
Back to top