We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think so we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
The Database Administrator implements, maintains and improves the SDC DB environments in order to deliver required business solutions within agreed time-scales and budgets while ensuring adherence to standards and best practice.
- Maintain and improve databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server running in AWS and on premise
- Ensure high availability and high performance of the databases
- Conduct database performance tuning, backup and recovery, configuration management, data replication, and security best practices
- Generate and document disaster recovery plan and processes
- Manage user access and security
- Assist in establishing metrics to monitor the effectiveness and up-time of database applications
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure and highly available services
- Provide trend analysis to enable informed decision making regarding resource management
- Validate and implement database changes as needed
- Supervise work performed by vendors to ensure it meets quality standards
- Work with developers to improve applications' database use and establish best practices
- Design, optimize, and maintain database objects including tables, views, stored procs, functions, triggers, indexes
It will really make us smile if you have...
- The ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong self-starter, assertiveness and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment but remain appropriately detail-oriented
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- At least 5 years of DBA experience.
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Want to learn more about us?
Check us out! www.smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying:
See what our SmileShops are all about:
Meet Some of SmileDirectClub's Employees
Kayla has been promoted to a SmileGuide, where she welcomes customers to Nashville SmileShops and guides them through the scan process—the first step to getting a smile they’ll love.
Back to top