Chief Data Scientist
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is looking to recruit the founding member of our Data Science team. The Chief Data Scientist will build out a team responsible for improving and automating SDC's operations through predictive algorithmic recommendations. In the process, you will have an opportunity to improve our customers' experiences and have a major impact on a thriving business.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, is passionate about solving problems with data, and is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative, and successful environment. Additionally, this candidate has leadership potential as we look to grow out our data science team.
- Solve business problems by reframing them to enable algorithmic solutions
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of problems
- Collaborate closely in an equal partnership with business and engineering teams
- Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
- Write production modeling code; collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production
- Maintain a balance between building principled, mathematically rigorous solutions, and launching things quickly
- Work with functional leaders to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short-term and long-term goals
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with SmileDirectClub's Talent Acquisition team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field; for example, mathematics, physics, cognitive science, statistics, computer science, etc.
- At least 2-4 years of experience leading a data science team
- Theoretical knowledge and experience applying statistical (or machine learning) models to real-life problems
- Experience tackling vague problems and transforming them into algorithmic solutions
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Proficiency with querying languages like SQL, as well other programming and scripting languages such as Python and R
- Experience using modern tools to access large distributed datasets (e.g. Presto, Spark)
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem
- Scrappiness and can thrive on autonomy
- Inclined towards thinking ahead and building for the future
Benefits of joining the club :
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Meet Some of SmileDirectClub's Employees
Kayla has been promoted to a SmileGuide, where she welcomes customers to Nashville SmileShops and guides them through the scan process—the first step to getting a smile they’ll love.
Back to top