Vice President, Consumer Engagement - Smashbox
This position is responsible for developing and leading an omni-channel strategic approach to engage Smashbox's consumers in a dynamic, 360 degree consumer experience employing disciplines ranging from social media, e-commerce, digital marketing, mobile, CRM, 020 (online to offline) service, and retail experience. 15 years of proven consumer marketing experience across social media, digital marketing required. Experience in advertising, CRM, Omni-channel, and E/M commerce strongly preferred.
This person will bring together creative, cohesive and interactive marketing campaigns, and understand the consumer and their journey with the Brand. Must be fluent in customer segmentation and how to build campaigns to attract consumers and build revenue. Act as the voice of the consumer by optimizing current programs and launching new creative ways to engage both current and potential consumers.
- Lead strategic oversight of omni-channel global strategy in partnership with cross-functional departments and ELC corporate teams. Drive direction with internal and external stakeholders; determine critical success factors, operating plans and activities to support our Omni-Channel transformation.
- Identify opportunities for innovation internally and externally leveraging new technologies, emerging products and platforms
- Contribute to the development of brand's 3-year strategy. Anticipate future opportunities via industry analysis, culture & trend forecasting and customer segment behaviors.
- Projects will cut across digital technology, process improvement and operation efficiency.
Digital & Social
- Development and oversight of all Global Digital Media and Social strategies with respect to Paid and Owned Platforms, Listening and Community Management, and global tactical programs for campaigns and evergreen engagement.
- Responsible for the coordination, management and optimization of media planning & monetizing organic and paid social media content in order to drive social media return on investment and advertising spend.
- Inform business decisions through the oversight of customer-level analytics related to customer segmentation, sizing, valuation, behavior and propensity
- Lead the strategic planning and optimization of performance marketing channel across SEO/ SEM, Affiliate and Display media tactics
- Use data to evaluate performance; provide insightful recommendations, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company's sales and competitive positioning.
- Formulate actionable and measurable recommendations to increase retention and spend based on customer engagement lifecycle and brand pillars; optimize ROI.
- Define mechanisms for deepening relationship with customers via creation of CRM and engagement programs, retail opportunities, and multi-disciplinary initiatives.
Collaboration & Implementation
- Oversee implementation of the 360 communication plan across marketing, Digital, Social, and Visual Merchandising, CRM, Events, E-commerce and any other key discipline team.
- Work with Creative Team to generate fresh and engaging campaign ideas to deliver on program goals and deepen loyalty and affinity.
- Ensure e-commerce site, in-store retail immersion, and social and digital experiences are cohesive and compelling.
- Act as Brand point of contact for ELC platform development groups.
- Partner with Service Experience and Education team to reinforce a longer-term customer focused mindset.
- Research and stay up to date with competitor programs, provide on-going updates and new ideas
- Enhance sharing of best practices globally and encourage optimization of existing initiatives.
Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically: takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future and execute vision.
- Drives creativity and innovation: Focuses on areas of highest potential
- Strives for excellence in execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs.
- Demonstrates learning agility: ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demand Creates newness and connects knowledge in new ways to create the unexpected. Ensures that the creativity and innovation pipeline are aligned to achieve strategy and goals
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ). Particular focus on listening to all the Consumer Engagement partners' perspective and synthesizing into one strategic direction
- 15 years of relevant marketing experience
- P&L management experience
- Editorial storytelling experience
- Proven leadership in a global/matrixed business environment
- Experience with managing creative functions
- Experience with managing complex relationships across a matrixed organization
- Luxury experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills, experience leading a team with diverse skillsets
- BA required, MBA a plus
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top