Smashbox Social Media Manager
Reports to: MARKETING MANAGER
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles-the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot-we are a fast-growing, high-paced, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible.
Serve as voice of the brand to consumers on social media, building consumer relationships online and acting as a key conduit to driving our digital high touch.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and execute social media calendar, including developing content concepts from idea to completion; ensure that content is available and published across all key platforms.
• Engage consumers and influencers throughout social to drive favorable brand conversations and consumer relationships.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team, including product marketing, e-commerce and global team, to capture launch priorities and business objectives in the social calendar.
• Serve as the primary point of contact to the Media Agency for paid advertising, ensuring that an "always on" strategy to drive awareness and engagement is executed on time and within budget.
• Generate metrics reports using standardized tools and craft analyses based on the data; assist in developing related recommendations.
• Respond to questions and comments with speed and judgment, escalating issues to consumer communications and/or legal as needed; identify trends in consumer comments and funnel information to the appropriate teams.
• Hold regular touch-bases with counterparts in key markets, as needed.
• Stay up-to-date on new social platforms and tools; monitor competitors and other social media leaders for learnings, insights and best practices to remain a leader in the corporation
• Demonstrate 24/7 approach to responsibilities.
• Consumer-driven approach to lead brand in putting consumer at the center of its social media strategy.
• Develop and execute a strong tone of voice on social media to build authentic, relevant, interactive consumer relationships.
• Strong ability to interpret and translate global brand strategies and equity into voice/programs appropriate for social media.
• Ability to navigate among multiple constituents, platforms and communities to ensure strategies/goals are understood and met.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Strong quantitative skills; knowledge of key social media.
• Excellent judgment to drive optimal brand engagement in online beauty/brand communities and identify/escalate potential issues/crises.
• Willingness and ability to support and help drive "digitalization" of brand teams, educating key brand personnel on social media.
• Avid online and social media user.
• University degree or equivalent.
• 3 years related experience, e.g., managing community outreach, creating content, building brand advocacy.
• Branding/beauty/fashion/entertainment experience a plus.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Director, Global E-Commerce
Lyndsey oversees eight global brand sites and forty retailer sites operating within North America to ensure a cohesive brand perspective.
Back to top