Smashbox- Social Media Designer
In partnership with cross-functional digital team, conceptualize, produce and execute on-brand creative content for all digital/social platforms (primarily Instagram, Facebook and any new buzzed-about platforms). Ability to produce quickly and prolifically (multiple creative outputs per day), while reacting to trends and helping to continually evolve the brand's platforms.
Creative and content (70%)
- Conceptualize, produce and execute multiple creative outputs per day across all social platforms (including, but not limited to, standard posts, re-cuts of how-to videos, motion-graphics videos, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs, etc.)
- Shoot any required imagery, including styling and art directing
- Contribute creative executions to additional digital programs, as needed
- Design and retouch social posts, plus make modifications to existing creative, as needed
- Lead ongoing development and updates of social creative guidelines to ensure consistent look and feel across platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional digital team on all content, guided by overall brand and business objectives
Planning and project management (15%)
- Problem-solve and think fast on your feet to deliver quick turnaround when required (often in 24 hours or less); ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly status meetings and coordinate on a daily basis with cross-functional digital team
Research, innovation and trend-spotting (15%)
- Report regularly on competitive brand activity, as well as leading non-beauty brands
- Research niche brands and creative/editorial outlets for the latest trends and inspiration
- Contribute to brainstorms with cross-functional team to help surface new, innovative ways to create digital/social content
- Minimum 5 years experience
- BA/BFA degree
- 5-10% travel
- Creative renaissance with deep understanding of digital landscape, particularly social platforms (existing and emerging).
- Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms.
- Voracious consumer of digital/social content, and early adopter of trends with a passion for innovation.
- Fashion, beauty or media/entertainment background.
- Strong photography and design experience (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Ability to understand business objectives to guide execution.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top