Smashbox- Senior Designer
Reports to: Global Design Director
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible. As part of the Estee Lauder Companies family of brands, we will continue to grow and are seeking an outstanding Senior Designer to join our exceptional team.
The primary focus of this position is to partner with our many departments to develop the look & feel of global campaigns for each season. A knowledge and love of fashion, design, typography, art and pop culture is essential. Why? We work with trends and understanding the global culture is key. Projects are usually undertaken and completed under very tight timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Global Assets - Collaborate with team on full branding programs, including all printed collateral, style guides and directives. Work win design director to ensure brand standards are executed across different channels.
- Campaign Launches - Lead themed seasonal campaigns including logo design, printed collateral, ad mechanicals and style guides. Conduct competitive visual audits and market research that will help create best in class images and assets for launches
- Primary Packaging - Concept and explore packaging solutions for new launches primary makeup components
- Secondary Packaging - Concept and design for secondary packaging (outer cartons) for all core products, retailer exclusive kits (Nordstrom, Ulta, Sephora, Travel Retail , Seasonal Programs, International) with the guidance from Creative Director, Sr Art Director and Packaging Directors
- Partner with Director to give creative feedback and guidance to junior members of the creative team.
- Product – This role will also require some involvement on product shoots for specific retailer kits and promotions as well as core product launches. Strong understanding of product photography a plus.
- Environmental Projects - Work with cross functional teams on occasional special environmental projects for trade shows, retail conventions and events.
- Presentation materials – this role will be responsible for the creation of brand presentation decks and materials for internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Effectively communicate the creative objectives of projects and partner with various departments (including (PR, Marketing, Fashion Relations, Retail Events, Alternative Media, and Store Design) and Colleagues including Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and Makeup Artists.
- 3-4 years of experience as a Graphic Designer preferably from a beauty, fashion, and/or retail brand
- Must be proficient with latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Must proficient at pre-press print production
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
- Must be able to effectively champion creative work to other departments
- Must be a connoisseur of design and typography
- In-house or agency experience a plus
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top