Smashbox- Production Artist, Visual Merchandising
Production Artist (Global Visual Merchandising)
Reports to: Print Production Manager, Global Retail and Visual Merchanding Design
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible. As part of the Estee Lauder Companies family of brands, we will continue to grow and are seeking an outstanding Production Artist to join our exceptional team.
The Production Artist for Visual Merchandising position is responsible for all aspects of print production with a heavy focus on the seasonal gondola updates and supporting launch collateral for the North American Smashbox retailers. This person will be responsible for creating print or digital screen-ready files for the focus shelves, graphic strips, tester templates. This person is also responsible for adapting global assets to various retail formats such as endcaps, towers, and lightboxes. This is a heavy production position where organization of files, naming and consistency amongst files is imperative.
This person will be working closely with the other members of the visual merchandising design and operations and design team to align on each season's gondolas needs, as well as cross-functionally with the creative team to request asset needs such as retouching, matchprints, and fonts. Must be able to work swiftly and prioritize many projects according to deadlines. You will possess strong communications skills, a thorough eye for detail, technical print production skills and a can do attitude. Must be collaborative and proactive to get projects completed. Must have high sensitivity to technical design and and an eye for consistency across formats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gondola updates – produce all graphics, stickers, focus shelves and graphic strips for each seasonal update. Review dielines and assortment with operations team and design direction with creative team.
- Graphic adaptation – take global assets and adapt for various global displays, such as tester units, endcaps, windows and lightboxes. Create production ready files for international markets.
- Mocking up for approval meetings – Print out various graphic layout options at full scale for weekly approval meetings.
- File/asset management – Keep files organized with consistent naming. Ensure all links, fonts, and layouts are properly managed with each project. Work with appropriate teams to ensure that merchandising team has necessary retouched images, swatches, matchprints and assets needed to complete projects.
- Handle high volume of work and manage timelines – must be able to manage large amounts of projects and prioritize as needed. Must show manager progress to get feedback and approvals.
- 5 years' experience as a Production Artist preferably from a beauty, fashion, and/or retail brand
- Advance skills in Creative Cloud programs: Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
- Strong understanding of print production and setting up art mechanicals is a must
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management skills
- Is an excellent communicator
- Work well under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment and possess a "roll up your sleeves" attitude while still being a team player
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top