Smashbox - Manager, Visual Merchandising Operations (International)
This role will support the international business by overseeing all aspects of visual merchandising at point of sale. He/she will work closely with the regions and act as visual merchandising liaison between the international and global teams. The role will help to drive business by developing displays, graphics and visual merchandising programs that optimize consistency, brand messaging, storytelling, and locally relevant retail opportunities. This role will quickly adapt and communicate global concepts to international formats and lend support for visual merchandising design and logistics. He/she will understand the formats and fixtures by region, manage programs and project requests, partner with the global teams for solutions, and drive to the highest level of presentation in store.
Project Management / Operations
- Act as lead visual merchandising point person with international regions and Travel Retail.
- Attend Regional calls and lead weekly international merchandising meeting to present projects and gain approvals with senior management.
- Ensure that all global products and programs are launching in optimal fashion with focus on newness, hero franchises, and brand building distortions in all distribution channels.
- Review and validate incoming international creative requests alongside international marketing. Assess feasibility, deliverables and prioritization.
- Work collaboratively with international marketing, creative, and visual merchandising production team for project completion.
- Understand the industry landscape by conducting International visits, identifying trends, and best practices.
- Understand budgetary guidelines for international projects.
- Manage visual merchandising logistics and offer support on areas such as display fabrication, shipping, code setup, sharing and optimizing resources across regions, material approvals and sourcing, and timing challenges.
- Support markets such as Australia, Mexico, and Brazil who utilize the North America merchandising systems. Collaborate with North America team to identify artwork and share with markets.
- Map out seasonal merchandising visualization plans for all product launches, lightbox, and window updates across all formats including freestanding stores. Create and review seasonal planograms with regional partnership.
- Partner with regions to ensure planograms in all retailers are aligned from a marketing and creative side.
- Develop visual merchandising guidelines / launch plans for seasonal launches across all formats and guide regions on execution.
- Partner with International Marketing on displays and programs to be tailored to the needs of international business.
- 5+ of beauty, fashion, agency or retail brand experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (mainly Illustrator and InDesign).
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Proactive self-starter with team player mentality and preference to work in a close knit, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects in a very fast-paced environment, and react with a sense of urgency.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a conceptual thinker and problem solver with the ability to work within brand guidelines.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to take on a variety projects (no task is too big or small).
Back to top