Smashbox - Manager, Social Media
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER, Global Consumer Engagement
Reports to: VP, Consumer Engagement
Matrix Manager: Director, Global Content Strategy
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles-the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot-we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible.
Smashbox is looking for a Social Media Manager who excels at social media strategy, publishing, creative writing, and thrives on beauty and pop-culture. Seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record managing social channels while working within a highly collaborative team. A deep understanding of social voice, tone and style is essential. This role requires proficiency in publishing tools, as well as native platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and whatever is "next." Must be able to execute quickly and manage time well. Will creatively and proactively engage consumers online to drive favorable affinity for the Smashbox brand.
• In partnership with the VP of Consumer engagement and Director of Content strategy, ideate and develop a short and long term social strategy for product launch and "always on" social content programming
• Ideal candidate will be a strong storyteller and creative thinking with an eye for social content that will resonate and engage our target consumer
• Create and maintain a social media and digital initiative & content calendar to engage and grow audience, commercial opportunities, community engagement and site traffic
• Develop engaging social content for brand
• Execute social media publishing and content strategies, ensuring that all posts are accurate and punctual
• Help lead and advise on copywriting for social media posts, while managing daily social communication and consumer listen and response
• Collaborate with the creative team to create content across all channels that reflects the brand voice and resonates with platform's audience
• Use social analytics tools to build and deliver weekly reports on social growth and engagement
• Work with North America social lead to support and help apply best practices to partner retailer social media efforts as appropriate
• Lead all communication with international marketing leads on priorities and best practices:
- Provide guidance to implement on their social channels
- Understand their unique nuanced audiences and wider business goals
- Oversee and approve content calendars
• Conduct brainstorms with cross-functional teams to surface and gather new, innovative ways to create social content and programs.
• Define KPIs for global social content on owned channels, measuring performance and providing recommendations on how to adapt based on overall business goals/priorities.
• Stay apprised of emerging social media technologies, trends, and industry news that align with the brands' marketing and business goals.
• Monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are using them, so the brand can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
- Ideate innovation digital opportunities to lead brand in competitive landscape.
• Must maintain ability to keep feeds growing and engaging from a holistic perspective.
• Partner closely with other internal teams such as Creative, Copy, Product marketing, PR etc. to bring all strategies seamlessly to life.
• Develop PowerPoint presentations and proposals as needed.
• Minimum 5 years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required (brand or agency)
• Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media and expertise of all social platforms
• Experience, love and knowledge of beauty landscape and beauty specific social media is a plus
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to build social strategies to increase channel engagement and growth
• Self-starter who can articulate big ideas and exciting trends
• Strong eye for viral content
• Expert understanding of the social ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way
• Superior working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, You Tube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and other emerging platforms and high level contacts at each organization
• Deep knowledge of the digital and social media landscape including, history of working with various digital publishers, social media companies and analytics software
• Sophisticated sense of creativity paired with strong communication skills, balanced with the ability to quantify data and analyse performance and results; balancing left brain/right brain capabilities
• Current with pop culture, entertainment news and industry trends
• Ability to write copy that is both emotional and informational
• Confident in publishing copy and content to mass audiences
• Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines
• A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork
• Strategic and creative thinker who can proactively problem solve
• Experience in collecting and analyzing social data
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
• Proficient in mobile applications as related to social media
• Experienced in best practices of paid social media
• Proficiency of Google Analytics a plus
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Director, Global E-Commerce
Lyndsey oversees eight global brand sites and forty retailer sites operating within North America to ensure a cohesive brand perspective.
Back to top