Smashbox- Manager, Production
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible. As part of the Estee Lauder Companies family of brands, we will continue to grow and are seeking an outstanding Production Artist to join our exceptional team.
Based in our Culver City office, the Production Manager (Print/Packaging) position is responsible for all aspects of print production with a heavy focus on primary and secondary core packaging, and a lesser emphasis on print collateral projects. This is a heavy production position that requires only minimal to no art direction but strong design skills.
You will be working closely with the Creative Team, Packaging Team, and Global Brand Supply Chain to ensure timely deliverables of print / packaging projects. You must possess strong communications skills, a thorough eye for detail, technical print production skills and a can-do attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team Supervision – manage 1-2 production artists in the completion of brand projects, assigning and allocating projects based on skills, speed, and bandwidth
- Primary Packaging – combine finished product designs with final copy and technical information to produce mechanical files for all primary packaging/componentry (deco, ILN cards, value labels, over labels, etc.)
- Secondary Packaging – combine finished product designs with final copy and technical information to produce mechanical files for all secondary packaging (i.e. cartons, kits, etc.)
- Collateral - receive finished designs and produce sales meeting and corporate collateral for events throughout the year (i.e. name cards, tent cards, simple signage, business cards, letterhead, etc.)
- Match Prints – Manage match print approval process with Product Development for all core projects prior to file delivery
- Handle high volume of work- coordinate with Creative Team, Packaging Team, and GBSC to effectively manage and deliver projects on time while meeting print production standards
- Local Press Checks – Must be willing to travel for press checks to ensure printing quality is up to standards. Transportation provided.
- 5 years' experience as a Production Artist preferably from a beauty, fashion, and/or retail brand
- Advance skills in Adobe CC
- Strong understanding of print production and setting up art mechanicals is a must
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, an excellent communicator with strong time management skills
- Work well under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment and possess a "roll up your sleeves" attitude while still being a team player
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top