Smashbox & GLAMGLOW - Field Director, Northern California
The Field Director is responsible for leading, managing, and developing their team of Field Executives to drive and execute the delivery of retail sales, and enable them to build relationships with retail store teams through effective management, leadership, education and coaching of ELC store and counter staffs and freelancers. They oversee and lead regions/territories that are comprised of multiple channels: FSS, Specialty-Multi, and Department Stores. They lead the creation and maintenance of strategic partnerships with retailers and oversee the execution of seasonal brand plans/promotional calendars as well as the creation of local plans and events to drive enthusiasm and engagement with the customer. The Field Director will work key business hours, including weekends, during high traffic periods to support brand priorities and staff development.
Achieves sales and profitability target in Region - 70%
- Achieves profitable sales plans and increases market share by leading and developing team to achieve sales objectives and implementing education and marketing strategies, coordinating with company umbrella.
- Maintains sales volume and product mix by adding regional relevance to local education and marketing strategies without compromising brand equity-keeps self and team current with consumer needs, changing trends, market segment, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Directs and drives field focus using the brand account management strategies to ensure market-level strategic and business objectives are met.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of Brand and ELC company initiatives.
- Evaluates sales performance against investment and is accountable for profitable achievement of sales for assigned region.
- Provides direction to Field Executives to ensure corporate objectives are communicated and met. Leads staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, developing and appraising performance. Builds a consumer-oriented team.
- Develops the talent and capabilities through accompanying store visits, regular management meetings and one-on-ones to help others strive for excellence and reach their highest level of contribution. Actively seeks feedback from stakeholders (e.g. retailers) and prioritizes the need to identify and develop the capabilities within the team.
- Drives implementation in education delivery, deploying digital/social network tools to extend reach, improve pace and increase relevance.
- Cascades sales, education and market strategies to Field and Retailer to align and engage teams in the vision.
- Partners with central education teams to develop and host relevant brand, product, and skills seminars.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting annual sales goals for regions and territories, and aligns with central teams.
- Understands the needs of the brand's consumer in market. Collaborates with central Brand Teams to create field action plans to differentiate brand in region amongst competitors and lead locally relevant initiatives.
- Identifies shifting consumer behaviors to align team's strategy with consumer expectations. Is skilled in social media and digital influencing.
- Drives digital outreach, enabling select Field Executives to become digital ambassadors.
- Maintains a consumer-centric service focus amongst all stores in the region. Educates and develops field teams to deliver brand's best in class service experience for consumers.
- Understands client shopping patterns and monitors trends. Leads the implementation of Client Engagement strategies to maximize client loyalty through service experiences.
- Minimum education level: 4 year college degree preferred
- Minimum years of experience: 8+
- Travel time: varies by region
- Strong sales leadership experience with proven results in achieving profitable sales plans and driving sales growth
- Able to lead, inspire and motivate a team of Field Executives, establish a clear sales vision, and to develop top talent
- Deep understanding and appreciation for brand equity and relevance - maintaining brand pride and quality in all interactions.
- Understanding of brand products and the attributes that drive consumer purchasing behavior.
- Strong communication skills to represent the voice of the Field and capture consumer and field learnings to communicate to relevant stakeholders.
Back to top