Smashbox- Director, Video Content & Strategy
The Director, Digital Content / Video Strategy at Smashbox Cosmetics serve as our Visual Storyteller-in-Chief, leading the strategic development and execution of digital/video content for the brand. The role must connect with consumers by telling relevant, authentic, and emotional stories that strengthen consumers love and fervor for the Brand globally.
Help us deliver a first class digital user experience on our owned properties (ecomm sites, retail stores) plus social platforms (make us #1 beauty brand on Youtube!) and 3rd party environments (wholesale accounts), by leveraging consistent curation of themes aligned with the brand strategy, the correct brand voice, and appropriate messages to guide product exploration and digital journeys .
The Director will work very closely with Product Marketing, Creative, Copy and Online, in addition to other teams, to create groundbreaking, engaging, best-in-class assets. The incumbent will oversee video budgets and manage key relationships with agencies and vendors for any outsourced campaigns and production.
- Create and lead overall video strategy and leads high-priority, strategic content initiatives
- Responsible for assessing content opportunities and making recommendations about content strategies that deliver an engaging user experience and distrust the current market
- Plan, produce, edit, test, and improve content across all brand platforms
- Maintain a production / publishing calendar for refreshing content and aligning it with business needs / launches
- Strategize on how to leverage video UGC and implement in partnership with the social team
- Be the point person within the brand for video/content industry best practices
- Design and implement content development, management and approval workflows, including processes for omnichannel content development
- Coordinate with legal to ensure rights usage and trademark adherence
- With a view to global content usage, ensure consistency and standards in tone, voice, style across all International markets
- Partner with global ecomm teams for specific commerce driving content initiatives
- Ideate and produce slate of assets for all global retail partners, adjusting for their respective needs, trends and launches
- Perform continual competitive set site analysis and content audits
- Monitor and report on analytics and content performance metrics
- Manage briefings/relationships with agencies and vendors as required
- Oversee video production budget under guidance from VP
- Foster collaboration and inspire creativity/learning among cross-functional team members by facilitating interdepartmental programs with a focus on digital
- Present to leadership and wider SBX teams as a subject matter expert during internal meetings and conferences
- Mentoring and management of 2-3 video / content creators
- 5 years in a content management / content creation related role
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience creating long- and short-form content for web and social distribution, with proven track record in beauty or adjacent industries – e.g., fashion, editorial, entertainment, social media (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Snap), etc.
- Highly proficent in the use of xxxx programs
- Experienced in the use of content management systems and file sharing such as Sharepoint, Smartsheet etc
- Experience creating content not just for engagement and community building but also for conversion.
- Proven ability to create and execute a strategic content plan and measure ROI against business objectives
- A strong knowledge and history in the following areas: influencer marketing, media planning/digital strategy, media creative creation, user-centered creative thinking, digital marketing, and an understanding of all things emerging tech and media
- Highly motivated problem-solver and self-starter; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Strong creative sensibility and keen eye for "look and feel" through a lens of pop culture and trends; editorial storytelling experiences a big plus.
- Active follower of digital/content innovators and futurists in consumer behavior to ensure that brand is positioned ahead of the curve
- Any other design/creative skills a plus
- OK to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary for shoots
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; capable of interacting with Senior Leadership
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top