Smashbox- Director, Global Product Marketing (Color)
Director, Global Product Marketing (Face)
Reports to: Executive Director, Global Product Marketing
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible. As part of the Estee Lauder Companies family of brands, we will continue to grow and are seeking qualified candidates to join our exceptional team in Culver City, CA.
The Director, Global Product Marketing will lead brand initiatives and category management for new and existing products to drive double-digit growth. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, category analysis, COGS management, new product strategy, go-to market planning, launch promotions, and project leadership for new global product launches. This position requires a strong, proactive leader who is a conceptual and strategic thinker with entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Spearhead the product to market process with all necessary support groups for the Color category to deliver products on time and in budget. Includes leading gross margin oversight, growth plans, new product concepts and strategy, competitive analysis, forecast rationale and consumer research.
- Develop new product strategy and create/manage a rolling 3 year global pipeline for key Color categories, including Lip/Cheek.
- Provide International and affiliates with timely information on all calendarized programs. Collaborates with International to ensure programs developed by Global Marketing meet affiliate market needs.
- Oversee cost of goods for assigned categories, including in-depth weighted cost of goods and value analysis for new products and existing product line.
- Develop and manage brand plans and marketing programs including marketing launch activities, promotions, sampling, in store events, catalogs and retailer programs.
- Set strategy for product packaging, merchandising, collateral and advertising relevant to category.
- Direct and support overall business initiatives and strategic planning including discontinuation analysis, management of excess inventory, pricing analysis, etc.
- Track and analyze past product launches and efficacy of marketing programs.
- Develop and manage collateral for new product launches including training materials, in store signage, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Prepare materials for presentation of marketing plans to all affiliates and Retailers when applicable, i.e. Sales Meetings, Regional Roundtables
- Manage a team of 2 Marketers to include prioritizing project workload, ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery of projects as well as developing and growing the team.
- Lead by example to create an environment that is encouraging, respectful and builds team cooperation.
- 8 years marketing experience in consumer products
- Experience in cosmetic industry a plus
- Must be adept at thinking strategically and creatively
- Strong general management skills to drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical, creative, oral and written communication skills
- Metrics oriented
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and can build, foster and nurture relationships with cross-functional teams
- MBA Preferred
- Advanced level Excel & PowerPoint a must
- NPD experience is a plus
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top