Smashbox - Director, Global Consumer Engagement & Marketing
The Estée Lauder Companies are the global leader in prestige beauty - delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty.
Everyone has a story. Ours is original and authentic and sets us apart from every other beauty brand. We're proud of our story, and this is how we tell it: We live for lipstick. We get excited about primers. (No, seriously, we do.) But mostly, we love sharing our makeup secrets with you. Why? Because creativity and collaboration are at the core of our DNA. We are the only brand born out of a legendary photo studio - Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles - where major photographers, celebrities and makeup artists converge to create iconic images every day.
About the Job
Under the Executive Director of Consumer Engagement and in collaboration with internal cross functional teams, the Director of Global Consumer Engagement & Marketing will develop strategy and drive execution of integrated campaigns across the Smashbox product portfolio. As part of the Global Consumer Engagement team, this leader will play a central role with Product Marketing, Creative, PR, and regional consumer engagement teams in orchestrating end to end consumer marketing strategy and plans for key product and campaign launches. This role will be equal parts analytics and creative. This leader will play an integral role for key product launches and have experience across digital marketing (paid, owned and earned), influencer and experiential marketing, and social media.
About Your Responsibilities
- Lead integrated marketing process and guide execution of global, multi-platform plans, ensuring cohesive customer journey across all touchpoints
- Develop and deliver effective internal briefs to cross-disciplinary marketing teams, ensuring plans champion the customer, leverage the brand promise, and are tied to business objectives
- Serve as the primary consumer marketing liaison to Global Product Marketing and regional teams. Help provide consumer insights, trends, brand insights, and audience segmentation in planning discussions.
- Grasp business and competitive landscape to drive development of marketing KPIs and give guidance by channel
- Strong understanding of digital media so as to determine the most effective ways of engaging audiences and serving the most effective content
- Lead any agencies in the development of campaigns
- Manage and provide strategic oversight across the brand's influencer marketing efforts. Own all global and local relationships and work to negotiate partnerships with influencer talent for multi-platform collaborations, promotions and relevant marketing initiatives
- Establish key performance metrics across channels that align to business objectives and budgets
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments
- Work with the key internal stakeholders and regional integrated marketing teams to best leverage campaigns and ensure consistent end to end customer experience
- Work with the brand and creative services teams to give input on positioning, messaging, and assist in the evaluation of creative for global campaign work
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and ensure that budgetary levels are at optimal levels in order to meet programming KPIs
- Manage a small team of direct reports with responsibilities based in campaign project management, analytics and digital, influencer and experiential marketing
- 10+ years marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated broad marketing mix strategy experience across brand management, media, multi-touch channels
- Proven track record of successful product and campaign launches strategic/analytical, well-versed in channel, media and brand KPIs/metrics
- Success in integration with product marketing counterparts for deep integration with product positioning, value proposition, messaging and understanding of business objectives for features and products
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and can build, foster and nurture relationships with cross-functional teams
- Agency and beauty experience and media expertise a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment
- Results-driven and metrics oriented
- Exceptional communicator and influencer, cross-functional leader
- Must be adept at thinking strategically and creatively
- Strong general management skills to drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical, creative, oral and written communication skills
Back to top