Smashbox - Community Manager
COMMUNITY MANAGER, SOCIAL, Global Consumer Engagement
Reports to: VP, Consumer Engagement
Matrix Manager: Director, Global Content Strategy
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles-the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot-we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible.
As our Community Manager, the candidate will uphold the brand tone and voice across social media channels. He/she will be responsible for responding to fans across priority social channels (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) through meaningful and helpful engagements. This position will publish and promote content based on best practices. The Community Manager will work with the Consumer Engagement, NA and Global Marketing teams to manage approved consumer responses, proactively flag opportunities to the team, and work with strategy and analytics to provide insights and recommendations based on what the community is saying.
S/he must also have solid research, writing and editing skills. S/he should have an appreciation for how social media impacts the overall customer experience. S/he should be flexible and agile and should be able to work collaboratively with all implementation teams to ensure that the brand's communication objectives and strategies are met.
- Responding to questions, comments, and concerns across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other channels as needed
- Exemplify the brand voice and tone in all community interactions
- Help maintain an accurate and current content calendar, ensuring all updates and changes are reflected in the master document
- Manage and organize content and assets alongside Director of Content Strategy
- Work with the paid social agency, and the copy team to ensure all content published and promoted is based on best practices and the content calendar
- Proactively flag opportunities for the brand and escalate issues as needed in a timely matter
- Work with strategy and analytics to provide learnings and recommendations based on current trends in the community and industry
- Provide weekly reporting based on social listening, including sentiment analysis, community trends, and insights
- Assist team members with brainstorming and strategy meetings to increase engagement and aid efficiencies
- Maintain and improve workflows and processes for community management and escalations
- Monitor International handles and channels to ensure content is on brand.
- Minimum 5 years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required (brand or agency).
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media and expertise of all social platforms. Experience, love and knowledge of beauty landscape and beauty specific social media is a plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community group.
- Experience locating and engaging advocates within the community to foster dialogue.
- Demonstrated ability in developing on-brand messaging that best represents a brand's voice and tone online and incentivizing user-generated content creation and sharing.
- Ability to write copy that is both emotional and informational.
- Ability to help build social strategies to increase channel engagement and growth.
- Self-starter who can articulate big ideas and exciting trends. Strong eye for viral content.
- Expert understanding of the social ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way.
- Superior working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, You Tube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and other emerging platforms.
- Current with pop culture, entertainment news and industry trends.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can proactively problem solve.
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in mobile applications as related to social media.
- Experienced in best practices of organic and paid social media.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Director, Global E-Commerce
Lyndsey oversees eight global brand sites and forty retailer sites operating within North America to ensure a cohesive brand perspective.
Back to top