Print Production Manager, Global Visual Merchandising_Smashbox (Culver City location)
Project Management (35%)
- Act as production team point person to field incoming North America gondola, international, and global brand production artwork requests.
- Work closely as key partner with North America and International VM Operations to understand upcoming seasonal launches, how they will launch in store on various retailer fixtures, and creative support needed for each project.
- Attend project kickoff meetings. Understand deliverables for each project and request additional information if missing.
- When job request comes in, act as trafficker to understand details, scope and timing. Delegate projects to production artists and ensure resources are available. Build timelines for internal reviews and final delivery.
- Attend team meetings to communicate and share project status regularly with cross-functional partners and supervisor. With team, re-prioritize projects and negotiate timing as needed.
- Use business knowledge to handle a high volume of work and help prioritize projects with team.
- Understand brand guidelines and have a detailed eye for consistency and best practices when reviewing artwork.
- Review and edit projects for artwork, copy, layout, fonts, spelling with production team.
- Liaise with printers, global partners, or retailers on questions they may have about the production file setup.
- Cascade information to production team regularly to keep everyone informed of latest information, design and copy intent.
- Assess how to gain efficiencies in time management and workflow in a dynamic creative environment.
Production Artwork (35%)
- Produce artwork for North America gondola and global display updates, including graphics, stickers, focus shelves, and graphic strips for each seasonal update.
- Review dielines and product assortments with operations team and design direction with creative team.
- Adapt global assets as needed for various displays and environments, such as gondola, freestanding stores, endcaps, windows, and lightboxes.
- Create production ready files for printers and international markets.
- Lead designers in production of the seasonal campaigns. Mock up artwork at full scale for weekly merch meetings.
- Understand the Smashbox retail landscape and display units to understand graphic usage and best practices.
Team Management (20%):
- Lead the VM production team. Foster an environment to optimize team dynamics, communication, and productivity.
- Implement best practices as a production team on topics such as file naming, server organization, file optimization, brand and retailer codes and consistency.
- Create production onboarding guidelines that outline best practices for process.
- Take a broad look at the visual merchandising process with team members and identify organizational efficiencies.
Production Team Assets (10%)
- Work closely with creative and operations to understand upcoming seasonal launch campaigns, creative assets, copy/messaging, and usage for retail environments.
- Work closely with VM designer, creative assets manager, and VM Operations to ensure all assets are requested and received for production in time. This includes final retouched assets such as model visuals, product shots, swatches, matchprints, and copy.
- Utilize the Global Edit asset management program to locate approved assets for projects.
- File/asset management: Ensure files, links, fonts, layouts are properly organized and managed on the server.
The manager will lead the production team and be the point person for all visual merchandising production projects for global points of sale. This person’s main duties are to manage incoming projects, understand the timelines and deliverables, and delegate. This person must be adept at prioritizing projects and communicating project status to key partners. In addition, this person will also be responsible for creating production artwork for our retail points of sale. The role will lead a team of 3 production artists and will be responsible for reviewing artwork, aligning team on best practices, and liaising with printers and global partners. Must be extremely organized and detail oriented and able to process a lot of detailed, technical information.
Meet Some of SmashBoxCosmetics's Employees
Manager, Global Social Marketing
Alex manages global social marketing and defines the brand’s voice. She handles social calendars across channels and works with creative teams to produce content that exceeds benchmarks.
Back to top