Manager, Demand Planning-Smashbox
The role of a Demand Planning Manager is to support the process of managing demand signals for products to effectively drive the Supply Chain as well as provide an accurate demand plan to guide the gross sales (shipment) plan. The manager will partner with the Demand Planning Executive Director in the creation and management of the operational demand plan: the SKU market/customer group forecast in the SAP Advanced Planning Optimizer (APO) System. The manager will also play a role in the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process by collaborating with the Supply Planning, Sales, Marketing, and Finance Teams to ensure alignment in strategy between the forecast and financial plans.
- Maintain SKU Market and Customer group forecasts in the SAP APO system as part of a monthly process cycle for a specific product category or channel.
- Communicate ongoing forecast changes to stakeholders in the Supply Chain, Sales, and Finance teams.
- Prepare various reports - KPIs (key performance indicators) as well as diagnostic measures to analyze and recommended courses of action for the operational forecast in SAP APO.
- Lead in the creation of new product forecasts and their contribution to the product categories.
oMonitor and manage new launch codes from creation in SAP APO to ship.
oAssess actual sell thru performance in comparison to plan to determine variances and relay findings; for ongoing items make recommendations based on findings for forward forecast revisions.
oAssess new launch influence on existing products or categories for cannibalization or growth in complementary product areas.
oShare relevant new launch insight and learning with brand global planning and marketing teams as well as demand planning team in NA affiliate.
- Prepare, maintain and publish new launch sell thru reports to monitor and assess performance and trend.
- Assure required maintenance of codes in SAP, including code mapping, discontinuation, product life cycle status and strategic indicator.
- Provide Brand or Affiliate ad-hoc reports to assist Global Planning, Finance, Supply or Sales in ongoing management of their business areas.
- Assist the Demand Planning Team Lead in the preparation of reports required to facilitate the Consensus Demand Plan and Brand SIOP meetings.
- 5 years of experience.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- 3 years experience within Demand Planning, Sales Planning or Supply Chain preferred
- Basic knowledge of Sales Strategy and Brand positioning preferred
- Cosmetic or Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience - a plus
- Strong excel skills required, SAP APO experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top