Executive Director, North America Marketing - Smashbox
Reports to: SVP and GM, North America Smashbox Cosmetics
Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible. We are currently seeking an Executive Director, North America Marketing to join our exceptional team in Culver City, CA.
Develop in partnership with the SVP GM NA a winning North America strategy focusing on the fastest growing retail channels. Ensure the execution of all programs and product launches within the guidelines of the Global brand. Collaborate with the Brand's cross functional teams to develop programs that serve to maximize key NA and retailer strategies. Partner with VP Account Management, Account Directors and key retailers in North America to launch new products and create trade marketing programs which drive awareness, favorability, conversion and loyalty. Identify key opportunities in equity building categories and to tell the brand story throughout all consumer touch points while creating differentiation for key retailers.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and help develop a 3 year strategic plan for North America working closely with the SVP GM NA and Global Brand.
- Partner with SBX ED of Sales to identify opportunities for local relevance, develop customized tools and creative assets and ensure exemplary execution with a test & learn approach.
- Share market intelligence analyses including executive summary and recommendations to inform the Global and NA strategies.
- Maintain strong relationships with retail partners to develop business strategies, gain alignment and excite retail partners to build strategic mega launches and marketing programs leveraging the strength of key platforms and programs (sampling, dot com, social, loyalty programs etc.).
- Drive sales and evolve business model by measuring program effectiveness and ROI
- Create and implement key North America specific processes to align with Global
- Streamline communication between sales and global teams.
- NA lead to communicate and translate the Global Vision for North America to achieve NA objectives and strategies.
- Drive consistency and NA regional and retailer relevancy across all touch-points.
- Lead the development of a focused, cohesive and disruptive go to market 360 plan for A new product launches
- Develop retailer-differentiated marketing calendars and innovative initiatives for North America.
- Oversee a master North America promotional conflict calendar of all retailer promotions including, but not limited to, instore animations, promotional offers, product launches, gondola updates, sampling and education.
- Create the NA promotional strategy by partnering with Global Product Marketing and Account Directors and guide the development of retailer exclusives and promotional programs (paid sampling vehicles, GWP's, Holiday assortment etc.)
- Oversee the creative development of all coop advertising elements and other retailer requests (e.g., catalog visuals and copy, online assets)
- Create launch P&L's and analyze programs for A&P effectiveness.
- Lead the planning and execution of seasonal retailer market meetings as well as present pre-selected seasonal content. Facilitate marketing reviews with each retail partner pre- and post- the seasonal market meetings.
- Partner with the SBX events team to develop national events strategy. Support the planning and execution of two national sales meetings each year as well as other special events such as the Ulta GM conference and Sephora VIB events.
- Develop the talent of a best in class team to support the NA Objectives
- Share and communicate the global and NA vision with team
- Set a strong example for the team by embodying the SBX core values
- Position requires 10 years relevant work experience
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- Must be strategic thinker, well-organized, flexible, independent, self-starter, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a high level of detail
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top