Director, Global Visual Merchandising, International_ Smashbox Cosmetics
This role will support the international business by overseeing all aspects of visual merchandising at point of sale. He/she will work closely with the regions and act as VM liaison between the international and global teams. The role will help to drive business by developing displays, graphics and VM programs that optimize consistency, brand messaging, storytelling, and locally relevant retail opportunities. This role will quickly adapt and communicate global concepts to international formats and lend support for VM design and logistics. He/she will understand the formats and fixtures by region, manage programs and project requests, partner with the global teams for solutions, and drive to the highest level of presentation in store.
Regional Visual Merchandising Project Management (50%)
- Act as lead visual merchandising point person with international regions and Travel Retail. Attend all necessary calls and meetings as needed.
- Map out seasonal merchandising visualization plans for all product launches, lightbox, and window updates, with focus on freestanding stores and counter points of sale.
- Develop visual merchandising guidelines for seasonal launches.
- Ensure that all global products and programs are launching in optimal fashion with focus on newness and product distortions. Create and review product planograms.
- Problem solve through visual merchandising challenges and opportunities.
- Drive international visual merchandising programs and guide regions on execution.
- Review and validate incoming international creative requests. Assess feasibility, deliverables and timing.
- Manage visual merchandising logistics and offer support on areas such as display fabrication, shipping, code setup, sharing and optimizing resources across regions, material approvals and sourcing, and timing challenges.
- Support markets such as Brazil, Mexico, and Australia who utilize the North America merchandising systems. Collaborate with North America team to identify artwork and share with markets.
- Understand budgetary guidelines for international projects.
- Travel as needed for store visits.
Global Visual Merchandising Strategy (40%)
- Identify strategic opportunities within the various retail environments to optimize brand DNA, product storytelling, local relevancy and consistency in presentation across all formats, with focus on freestanding stores.
- Collaborate with Global Retail team to understand current Smashbox store design and new retail innovations for optimal visual merchandising planning.
- Align with global and international marketing to understand the product calendar and 360 launch plans.
- Develop business knowledge of current international retail landscape and future growth.
- Drive the process for collaboration between global and regional teams to design, develop and implement visual merchandising programs.
- Build a strong working knowledge of the 2D and video assets, messaging, and events for each season.
- Adapt and cascade global design concepts to international formats in timely manner.
- Understand the Smashbox consumer journey in order to optimize visual merchandising programming.
- Document current international Smashbox points of sale based on formats, fixture designs, channel and markets. Build database of overall international visual merchandising information.
- Evaluate current global merchandising systems. Collaborate with global and corporate teams to develop new systems.
- Cascade best practices and share information with business partners and regions.
- Work with Creative Operations to optimize efficient work flow and partnerships with the regions.
Team Building and Leadership (10%)
- Optimize team dynamics and foster a productive work environment through leadership and collaboration.
- Manage and develop team of direct and/or indirect reports.
Meet Some of SmashBoxCosmetics's Employees
Manager, Global Social Marketing
Alex manages global social marketing and defines the brand’s voice. She handles social calendars across channels and works with creative teams to produce content that exceeds benchmarks.
Back to top