Director, Employee Engagement - Smashbox & GLAMGLOW
The Employee Engagement Director leads the employee engagement agenda in California, in partnership with Executive Director, Global HRBP (and other parts of the business), developing and executing a best in class employee engagement strategy to inspire all levels of the business while delivering sustainable results.
Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management of employee engagement initiatives and projects across the organization, including but not limited to employee onboarding experience, recognition programs, learning and development, career pathing, performance management cycles, talent management programs, workforce planning, and total rewards. Has proven HR leadership experience and must possess excellent relationship and communications skills. Must demonstrate high learning agility and have an ability to deal with and coach others through constant change.
• Strategic Planning and Tactical Execution- Understands both the Corporate and Retail teams and their interdependencies to achieving company objectives. Reviews and benchmarks internal and external environment to improve the HR practices and initiatives.
• In partnership with ED, identify global trends within the brand, function, or geography and validate issues for action within the HR service delivery model; participate in and influence the development of solutions within centers of excellence.
• Be connected to the organization to monitor and assess the level of HR impact, influence and partnership within the organization and work with key HR partners to ensure that there is alignment on delivery of quality HR services and outstanding performance of the HR organization.
• Strength in analytics with the ability to measure training ROI and monitor impacts to attraction, retention, turnover and engagement metrics.
• Employee Engagement- Proactively analyzes workforce trends and metrics to develop action plans that increase overall employee engagement and retention. Uses data to identify and analyze operational challenges related to the workforce and to develop engagement solutions consistent with business realities. Creates analytical framework to measure success of employee engagement projects and initiatives. Develops and drives Employee Engagement Action Plans. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and implement regular enhancements to engagement programs as part of continuous improvement efforts
• Organizational Effectiveness- Analyzes decision-making capabilities related to the leadership and provides recommendations to improve leadership, managerial and supervisory skills to proactively and effectively address workforce and employee issues.
• Total Rewards- Collaborates with the Total Rewards team to ensure rewards systems are effective and competitive.
• Talent Assessment- Collaborates with the Talent and HR team to provide tools that enable consistent assessments of performance and potential. Has an understanding of talent in the organization so as to develop the right tools. Key partner in career pathing, succession planning and talent mobility.
• Talent Acquisition- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team to help leaders to forecast, plan, and acquire key talent as necessary, in support of the overall business strategies and operating plans. Partners on how to source and pipeline digital talent and have pulse on what attracts and retains such talent.
• Performance Management- Responsible for managing, adapting and monitoring the Company's Performance Management programs including goal setting, feedback, corrective action, and performance dialogue; helps to ensure the alignment of employee performance to company objectives.
Learning & Development:
• Learning Strategy- Responsible for developing a strategy that identifies the organization's capability gaps and create solutions to address needs. Build a "learning organization" mentality. Complete thorough needs analysis to identify leadership, management and training opportunities.
• Instructional Design- Understanding of how individuals learn and grow. Ability to design training for diverse audiences utilizing various platforms including stand up delivery, self-study, bite-sized learning. Knowledge of e-learning platforms and other virtual learning opportunities.
• Presentation & Facilitation Skills- Ability to deliver engaging learning experiences that inspire and drive behavioral change. Must flex style to the audience and lead with authenticity.
• ELC HR Talent Team- Ability to serve as a liaison between ELC Talent & Learning and Development teams and brands in CA. Drive full integration of company tools in a way that works for geographically separated group.
• Minimum of 8 years of Human Resources business experience and/or Learning & Development. Demonstrated strong business acumen, operational skills, and successful partnership with line operations.
• Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity, and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce.
• Significant transformation and change management work is required.
• Skilled in navigating highly complex organizations.
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational, and change agent skills.
• Demonstrated ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities using knowledge of the organization and its employee.
• Ability to implement, test and measure the soundness of decisions quickly and easily and change course adeptly if needed.
• Strong problem solving, negotiation, collaboration, presentation and communication skills.
• Data analytic smarts and the ability to tell a story using objective and subjective information.
• Knowledge of industry trends, competitive benchmarking skills, and ability to apply cutting edge HR practices that deliver business results.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Director, Global E-Commerce
Lyndsey oversees eight global brand sites and forty retailer sites operating within North America to ensure a cohesive brand perspective.
Back to top